- User: An Internet user who logs onto and uses the www.sophiaengineering.fr and www.sophiaengineering.com websites.
- Personal information: “Any information which might, in any form whatsoever, whether directly or not, allow the identification of the physical persons to whom it applies” (article 4 of law no. 78-17 of 6th January 1978).
Pursuant to article 6 of law no. 2004-575 of 21st June 2004 on trust in the digital economy, users of the www.sophiaengineering.com website are hereby informed of the identity of the various parties involved in construction and monitoring it:
the owner and/or publisher is a legal entity.
Owner and/or publisher of the website:
Company name: SOPHIA CONSEIL
SIRET 480 300 425 000 26 – APE code 7112B.
Address: 5 rue Soutrane, 06560 Sophia Antipolis – France.
Person responsible for publication: Vincent David
Publication e-mail: contact
Hosted by: OVH
Personal information collected:
In France, personal data is protected by legislation including law no. 78-87 of 6th January 1978, law no. 2004-801 of 6th August 2004, article L. 226-13 of the Criminal Code and the European directive of 24th October 1995.
The data collected during use of the www.sophiaengineering.fr website includes the following:
- the Internet URL addresses of the links by means of which the user has accessed the www.sophiaengineering.com website;
- the user’s service provider;
- the user’s Web browser;
- the user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address.
In any case, Sophia Conseil only collects any personal information about the user (name, e-mail address, telephone contact details) for the purposes of the services offered by the www.sophiaengineering.com website. Any user who provides this information is deemed to be fully aware of this, especially when entering this data him or herself.
The user of the www.sophiaengineering.com website is then informed whether or not the information to be provided is compulsory.
Any user who produces evidence of his or her identity may make a request to Sophia Conseil, by e-mailing contact
- to check the personal data about him or her which has been collected either by Sophia Conseil or on the company’s behalf;
- for information relating to the purposes of the processing of this data;
- for information relating to the identity and geographical location of the recipients of this data;
- for a copy of this data to be sent to him or her free of charge, provided that any such request is not abusive, for instance that it is not made repeatedly and disproportionately.
No personal information about users of the www.sophiaengineering.com website is:
- collected without the user’s knowledge;
- published without the user’s knowledge;
- exchanged, transferred, assigned or sold on any medium whatsoever to third parties.
Only if Sophia Conseil and the company’s rights should be bought out could the aforesaid information be passed on to the potential purchaser who would, in turn, be bound by the same obligation to retain and amend any data held in relation to users of the www.sophiaengineering.com website.
In fact Sophia Conseil is authorised to carry out statistical studies and analyses on the use and type of users of the www.sophiaengineering.com website, subject to confirmation of the anonymity of these latter.
Rectification of any personal information collected:
In accordance with the provisions of article 34 of law no. 48-87 of 6th January 1978, the user has a right to amend any personal data about him or her which may have been collected. To do so, the user must send Sophia Conseil:
- an electronic mail to the following address: contact
- a letter to 5 rue Soutrane, 06560 Sophia Antipolis – France;
stating his or her name or company name, physical and/or electronic contact details and also, where applicable, any reference s/he may have as a member of the www.sophiaengineering.com website.
Amendments will be made within reasonable times with effect from receipt of the request from the user.
CNIL (French data protection body) declaration:
As the www.sophiaengineering.com website collects personal information from its users, it is subject to a prior declaration to the CNIL and is registered with the following number: 1518124.
A “cookie” allows users to be identified, their visits to the www.sophiaengineering.com website to be personalised and the website’s page layout to be loaded more quickly by saving a small data file onto their computers.
The user hereby acknowledges that s/he has been informed of this practice and authorises Sophia Conseil to proceed to make use thereof.
In any case Sophia Conseil hereby undertakes never to disclose the contents of these “cookies” to any third parties unless legally required to do so. The user may refuse to save “cookies” or may configure his or her browser so that s/he is warned prior to accepting any “cookies”. In order to do this, the user will need to configure his or her browser using the “Tools” menu both in Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 6, 7 and 8 and in Firefox 3.
All of the components of the www.sophiaengineering.com website, including texts, presentations, illustrations, photographs, tree structures and formatting are, except for public documents and additional details, are the exclusive intellectual property of Sophia Conseil or the company’s partners.
In this respect, their depiction, reproduction, embedding, distribution and redistribution, whether partial or total, are prohibited in accordance with the provisions of article L. 122-4 of the Intellectual Property Code. Any person who proceeds to do so without producing evidence of express prior authorisation from the holder of these rights renders him or herself liable to the penalties for the offence of copyright infringement as stated in articles L. 335-2 and seq. of the Intellectual Property Code.
In addition to this, any depiction, reproduction, embedding, distribution and redistribution, whether partial or total, of the database contained on the www.sophiaengineering.com website are prohibited pursuant to the provisions of law no.98-536 of 1st July 1998 in relation to the legal protection of databases. In any case, any authorised copy of all or part of the site’s content must show the notice “Copyright 2011 Sophia Conseil, all rights reserved”.
The Sophia Conseil and Sophia Engineering trademarks and logos are registered by Sophia Conseil or in some cases by one of the company’s partners. In this respect, any person who proceeds to depict them, reproduce them, embed them, distribute and redistribute them is liable to the penalties as set out in articles L. 713-2 and seq. of the Intellectual Property Code.
The main relevant laws:
- Law no. 78-87 of 6th January 1978, amended amongst others by law no. 2004-801 of 6th August 2004 on computing, files and freedoms.
- Law no. 2004-575 of 21st June 2004 for trust in the digital economy.
2020 professional gender equality Index: 81/100 points